Needle Felted Pigeons & Doves 1st March
Start March with this afternoon craft session. We will start by working on several flat pieces for our pigeons and doves.
Then we will bringing them together to create a 3D piece.
What you will learn
On this relaxing, fun filled felting workshop you will
- find out what materials we need And how to start your needle felting
- learn about different bases (or the lack of a base) and the effect it can have on your creation
- how to create a pigeon or dove using needle felting techniques
- how to felt with some different fibres and what effects these can create
-learn different ways of creating character and the sense of personality in your piece
- how to combine flat needle felted pieces to create a 3D item
All of our materials will be provided in the session so all you’ll need to bring is yourself!
However, if you dislike the feeling of wool but would still like to try out needle felting we recommend bringing some gloves (such as weeding gloves) with you. These can also help protect your hand from the needle.
Our session starts with making all the basic shapes and covering the required techniques together. Then we spend the rest of our time using what we know to finish off a unique design.
Whether you’re an experienced felting artist or taking your first steps, join our relaxing afternoon session.
Kits and individual needles available to buy at the end of the session.